Frequently Requested Bylaws
- Animal Control Bylaw 2544 to provide for the licensing and control of animals within the City.
- Building Regulation Bylaw 2620 to provide for the administration and enforcement of the British Columbia Building Code within the City.
- Business Licence Bylaw 1325 to authorize the issuance of business licences and to regulate businesses within the boundaries of the City.
- Business Licence Bylaw 1325 Fee Schedule
- Deer Feeding Bylaw 2296 to prohibit the feeding of wildlife within City limits.
- Fees Bylaw 2417 lists all fees and charges.
- Inter-Community Business Licence Bylaw 2552 to establish a scheme for inter-community business licencing between Cranbrook and Kimberley and the regulation of trades, occupations, and business.
- Investment Incentive Program Bylaw 2558 to establish a revitalization tax exemption program in the City.
- Noise Bylaw to regulate noise, nuisance and disturbances within the City.
- Nuisance Bylaw 2550 to regulate, prohibit, and impose requirements in relation to public places and to prohibit the causing of a nuisance in a public place.
- Open Burning Bylaw 2364 to regulate burning within the City.
- Bylaw 2364 Schedule B Diagram – Fire Pit Specifications
- Pesticide Bylaw 2381 Permitted pesticides, to regulate pesticide use within the City.
- Bylaw 2381 – Permitted pesticides supporting Information.
- Recreation Facilities Rental Rate Bylaw A bylaw outlining the rental fees and charges of recreation facilities.
- Sidewalk Cafe Regulation Bylaw - A bylaw to authorize the placement of temporary fixtures on streets and sidewalks in the City.
- Sign Bylaw 2430 to regulate signs.
- Bylaw 2430 – Sign design guidelines.
- Streets and Traffic Bylaw 1877 regulating parking and traffic on highways within the City.
- Subdivision Bylaw 2020 sets out the minimum standards and specifications that apply to new subdivision and development projects in the City.
For Bylaw 2020 Specifications, click HERE
- Ticket Information Utilization Bylaw outlining the charges affiliated with infractions of various bylaws.
- Zoning Bylaws to regulate usage of property in the City.
View and download a complete listing of the City’s bylaws.
Please note that these documents are PDF files. You can download Adobe Acrobat, the program required to view this document, free of charge from www.adobe.com.
The online versions of the bylaws of the City of Kimberley listed are provided for information or research purposes only. Every effort is made to ensure the accuracy of copies of bylaws posted on this web site; however, these are not official versions of City of Kimberley bylaws, they should not be relied upon as such, and these documents are not admissible in a court of law. For such purposes, official certified copies can be obtained from the Corporate Officer.
Before making any decisions based on the online copies of bylaws, you should confirm all information contained therein. The City of Kimberley will in no event be liable or responsible for damages of any kind arising out of the use of the online copies of bylaws. Certified copies can be obtained through the Corporate Administration Office at City Hall.
For certified copies of a bylaw, contact the Corporate Administration Department at 250.427.9659.