At Healthy Kimberley we believe that healthy living makes a lot of sense, but we know that sometimes making healthy choices can be challenging in today’s world. Healthy Kimberley is here to help make the healthy choice the easy choice for the people of Kimberley! Please click here to access the Healthy Kimberley Facebook page.
What do we do?
- We coordinate free and accessible physical activity programs and healthy nutrition opportunities like family open gym nights, playboxes and produce donations to the food bank
- We work with partners to help them find ways to make healthy choices a regular part of their day-to-day business
- We promote the simple message for healthy living: “Live 5210” – 5 fruits and vegetables, less than 2 hours of screen time, one hour of physical activity and zero sugary drinks every day
- We do community-based research and health promotion activities
Our partners:East Kootenay Division of Family Practice, SCOPE BC, Kimberley Medical Clinic, University of British Columbia, BC Childrens’ Hosptial, Interior Health
- For the whole family, check out https://www.healthyfamiliesbc.ca/
- Your one stop shop for trusted health information: HealthLink BC https://www.healthlinkbc.ca
- Learn more about Live 5210 – SCOPE BC www.live5210.ca
- Sit Less, Move More! – https://www.participaction.com (just don’t stay too long!)
- Eat Better, Feel Better – Learn more about healthy eating by calling 8-1-1 Dial-a-Dietician
Have an idea? Want to get involved or make a donation? Contact us at 250.427.4300.