City Seeking Residents' Permission for Contractors to Access Private Properties

January 31, 2018

For further information contact:  
Scott Sommerville
Chief Administrative Officer

City of Kimberley Seeking Residents’ Permission for Contractors to Access Private Properties

KIMBERLEY, B.C.  -  The City of Kimberley will be issued a permit from the Ministry of Forest, Lands and Natural Resource Operations to conduct another round of mule deer translocation research this February.  The Province has committed to provide matching funds of up to $25,000 to translocate approximately 50 mule deer.

The City is seeking residents willing to allow contracted biologists onto their property to tranquilize and remove the mule deer.  If you are interested in allowing the biologists access to your property, please email your name, address and phone number to  Add any information related to how many deer you have in your neighbourhood and whether any of them are acting aggressively. 

The City will require a waiver to be signed by the residents. Permissions from property owners will be compiled in a map of properties to guide the contractors.

The mule deer will be tranquilized by dart gun, transported to an awaiting truck, and then driven to winter range far outside of city limits to be released.

Please continue to report any aggressive deer to the RAPP line at 1-877-952-7277 (RAPP) or #7277 on the Telus Mobility Network. Reports can also be done online at

For more information on the translocation of deer, please see the fact sheet below: