Frequently Asked Questions
8:30 am to 4:45 pm, Monday to Friday
City Hall is closed on the following Statutory Holidays:
- New Years Day
- B.C. Family Day (2nd Monday in February)
- Good Friday
- Easter Monday
- Victoria Day
- Canada Day
- B.C. Day
- Labour Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Remembrance Day
- Christmas Day
- Boxing Day
- Regular Council meetings are held on the 2nd and 4th Monday of each month;
- Regular meetings start at 7:00 pm and are open to public;
- Council meetings are held in the Council Chamber located on the upper floor in City Hall, 340 Spokane Street.
Further information is available from this website under City Council.
- Municipal taxes are due no later than 4:45 p.m. on the first business day following July 1;
- Any unpaid amount after the due date is subject to an automatic 10% penalty (including Homeowner Grants).
Municipal bills can be paid as follows:
- In person at City Hall with cash, cheque or Interac debit card;
- Through City of Kimberley Payment Plans*;
- By post-dated cheque(s);
- At most financial institutions, in person or via telephone or internet banking;
- By mail to 340 Spokane Street, Kimberley, BC V1A 2E8
A night deposit box is also available at City Hall for your convenience; however, payments received through the night deposit box will be processed the following business day.
*Property Taxes and Municipal Utility Invoices may be paid through payment plans. For more information contact the Finance Department at 250-427-5311, Ext. 202 or via email at email@example.com.
Kimberley’s water consumption is far higher than the Canadian average.
In an effort to make Kimberley’s water use more efficient and effective, the City of Kimberley has implemented the outdoor watering measures that you can find on the Outdoor Watering page