Kimberley Aquatic Centre
Kimberley’s Aquatic Centre is a great place for folks of all ages to get fit and have fun! Whether you’re training in the fast lane of the lap pool, floating down the Lazy River, or enjoying the spectacular hillside view from the hot tub, you’ll be surrounded by good friends and great staff.
The Aquatic Centre is a fully accessible building featuring a 25-metre, 5-lane lap pool with a competition diving board, a leisure pool with fun water features including a teacup spray waterfall and lazy river, a hot tub, steam room, outside deck and the multi-purpose meeting room is a great place to hold your next birthday party or meeting.
Proof of vaccination is no longer required at City recreational facilities including the Kimberley Aquatic Centre.
Scroll to #aquatic-centre-schedule
Scroll to #booking-a-swim-time
Booking a Swim Time
Please click the button below or call the Aquatic Centre to book a swim time - 250-427-2983.
Browse the options below:
- Register to swim by logging in or creating an account -- note: click 'Signup' on the following screen if you don't have an account
- Pick a swim time and pay online
- Bookings can be made up to 72 hours in advance
- You may pre-book up to 2 sessions per week
- Additional or last minute bookings can be made the same day if there is space available
- Drop-ins are welcome and will be accommodated if space allows
- If you previously had an active membership or punch card, an account has been set up for you in our online booking system noted above with a credit on your file. You should receive an email directing you to activate your account. Call 250-427-2983 if you need assistance.
- If you are bringing a guest, please call to register them - 250-427-2983
- Swimmers can also call to book a swim time - 250-427-2983
- While we understand that, from time-to-time, pre-booked swimmers may be late, we can only offer a 15-minute grace period during busy swim times. If you are later than 15 minutes and space no longer allows, you may be placed on a waitlist or your swim may be cancelled if pool capacity has been met in order to be fair to all guests.
- Cancellations must be made at least 8 hours prior to booking
- Exceptions will only be given for a medical emergency with a doctors note, COVID-19 like symptoms or contact with a confirmed COVID-19 case
- To cancel email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 250-427-2983
- Refunds will only be issued as credit on account for those with credit on file
- The Kimberley Aquatic Centre reserves the right to cancel at any time due to staffing or mechanical issues or for COVID-19 contact tracing. Any required refunds will be issued as a credit on account
- Please check in at the front desk
- Change rooms are available upon entry and exit
- Please shower head to toe prior to entering the pool
- Children aged 6 and under must have a parent/caregiver within arms reach at all times
- Please maintain a 2-meter distance from other swimmers while in the water and on the pool deck
- The hot tub is now open
- The steam room is now open to one person or one household for a maximum of 10-minutes per day
Adult 19+ $6.78
Senior 60+ $5.49
Student (13 – 18) $5.49
Youth (7- 12) $4.00
Child (3 -6) $2.77
Infant (0 – 2) $1.54
Punch Cards (10 swim passes):
Adult 19+ $61.03
Senior 60+ $49.40
Student (13 – 18) $49.40
Youth (7- 12) $35.98
Child (3 -6) $24.90
Infant (0 – 2) $13.84
Showers: $5.49 (available during all operational hours)
Please note: Fees subject to change without notice.
- Family swims include a maximum of 2 adults and their children under the age of 18 years of age.
- Children aged 7-10 MUST have a caregiver with them. They do not need to be in arms reach but be swimming in the facility.
- Children aged 6 and under must wear a wrist band and require a parent/caregiver to be within arms reach at all times.
- All children not fully potty trained must wear approved swim diapers.
- No outdoor footwear allowed in change areas. Clean indoor footwear acceptable.
- We are not responsible for any lost or stolen items.
- Lockers require a quarter to use. See cashier for instructions.
- Activity waivers must be completed at the beginning of each registered class or program.
Scroll to #free-community-swims
Free Community Swims
Free community sponsored swims are back! Every second TUESDAY, the Kimberley Aquatic Centre will host a free family swim or free public swim. Thanks to all of the generous sponsors who are supporting these events!
Public swims are open to all. Family swims include 2 adults and their children under the age of 18.
May 17 - FREE Family Swim 5:00 pm - 6:00 pm, sponsored by Bootleg Gap Golf
June 7 - FREE Public Swim 6:00 pm - 7:00 pm, sponsored by Dr. Spowart
June 21 - FREE Family Swim 5:00 pm - 6:00 pm, sponsored by Kimberley Elks Lodge
Walk-ins only. Online booking is unavailable for free swims.
Scroll to #swim-lessons
SWIM LESSONS - Registration opens at 8:00 am on May 24th, 2022
Spring/Summer Swim Lessons are coming! Visit our LESSONS BOOKING page for lesson types, dates, times and availability or click the link below for a complete listing. Registration begins on May 24th. Visit the link above to book online or call 250-427-2983.
Scroll to #day-camps
2022 SUMMER DAY CAMPS - Registration opens at 8:00 am on May 24th, 2022!
Camp Splash Bash is on for the summer! Join us weekdays in July and August (excluding stat holidays) from 8:30 am - 4:00 pm for pool time, outdoor adventure and crafts.
Under 7* years old - $57/day 7-11 years old - $49/day
* Minimum age is 5-years old on or before December 31, 2022
** If kids aged 7-11 require supervised swim, cost is $57/day
Registration opens on Tuesday, May 24th, 2022. Visit CAMPS BOOKING page or call the Aquatic Centre to book - 250-427-2983.
Scroll to #leadership-courses
Bronze Cross Course is taking place June 9 - 12th, 2022. Cost: $226.75
Register early! Classes that do not have minimum enrollments may be cancelled. Please book at least two weeks prior to program start date to avoid disappointment.
- Must be 13 years or older and have Bronze Medallion (need not be current).
- Candidates must present proof of age & pre-requisites on first day.
- Professional swim wear required. Females: a one-piece bathing suit; Males: Swim trunks.
- Whistle, Pocket mask, and long-sleeve shirt and pants are required.
- Candidates must attend all course dates and times.
Scroll to #meeting-room--party-rentals
Meeting Room & Party Rentals
The meeting room is not available at this time. We will update with new information as soon as possible.
Scroll to #contact-info
For further information, contact the Kimberley Aquatic Centre at 250-427-2983 or email@example.com.
The Aquatic Centre is located at 520 Archibald Street, across from the Civic Centre Arena.
Our mailing address is 340 Spokane Street, Kimberley BC V1A 2E8.