How to Claim Your Home Owner Grant Online
Homeowner Grant & Property Tax Deferment
Municipalities throughout BC will no longer be accepting Homeowner Grant Applications.
Eligible residential property owners can now claim their 2021 homeowner grant with the Province.
As soon as you receive your property tax notice, you can apply for property tax deferment.
How to apply?
- Apply online at www.gov.bc.ca/homeownergrant
- Apply 24/7 using a voice recognition self-serve application: Toll-free at 1-888-355-2700
- OR to speak with an agent, call toll-free at 1-888-355-2700, Monday to Friday, 9:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., excluding statutory holidays
- You will need your Social Insurance Number and tax notice
Property Tax Deferment:
- Apply online at www.gov.bc.ca/propertytaxdeferment
- Call 1-888-355-2700 if you must have a paper application; Monday to Friday, 9:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., excluding statutory holidays. A paper-based application can take longer to receive and review - you may risk late payment penalties if you are not eligible.
Applying online is quicker and secure.