Public Skating & Drop-In Hockey
The City of Kimberley is excited to offer Public, Parent & Tot, and Senior Skating and Drop-in Hockey at the Civic Centre with new health and safety measures in place. All those aged 22 and over are required to show proof of double vaccine & purchase a non-refundable access card (one-time $5 purchase).
Follow these easy steps prior to heading to the rink!
STEP 1: Pop by the Aquatic Centre to show your proof of vaccine, and
STEP 2: Purchase a $5 access card while there to allow entrance to the Civic Centre (Rotary Drive entrance).
STEP 3: Head to the rink during FREE skates and have fun!
Participants will gain access to the facility by swiping their access cards to open Rotary Drive entrance doors (near spray park). Please use the stairway at the South east end of the building to access ice. Use dressing room #1 and/or the hallway benches downstairs to change and store items.
Staff at the Civic Centre are unable to take payment or verify proof of vaccine. This MUST be done in advance. Please ensure all members of your party have their own access card as random checks will take place.
Winter Public Skating Guidelines
Public Skating is for all ages, however, please follow these guidelines:
• Children ages seven (7) and under must be accompanied on the ice by an adult wearing skates.
• Children ages twelve (12) and under must be accompanied by an adult, however that adult is not required to be on the ice.
• Children ages twelve (12) and under are required to wear an appropriate helmet.
• Helmets are strongly recommended for all ice users, both youth and adults.
• No sticks or pucks are permitted during public skating, no exceptions.
• No food or drinks are permitted on the ice other than water bottles containing only water.
• Safety bars may be provided so long as they are required for learning and used appropriately.
Scroll to #drop-in-shinny-hockey
Drop-In Shinny Hockey (Civic Centre) Resumes January 7, 2022
Fridays 12:15 pm - 1:45 pm
New this year:
- One time fee of $62.00 (plus GST). This is 12 sessions for the price of 8! Refunds will not be given for reduced visits.
- All participants must purchase tickets in advance at Kimberley Aquatic Centre. You will NOT be able to pay a drop in fee at the Civic Centre.
- Masks are mandatory indoors, except when participating in sports and fitness.
- Participants will gain access to the facility by swiping their fobs which will open doors. Access to the facility can be gained via Rotary Drive entrance.
- Users are to walk along the track and use the stairways at the south east end of the building and use dressing room # 1 and/or the hallway benches downstairs.
- Full gear recommended. Helmets are mandatory!