City Weekly Newsletter
Your City of Kimberley Newsletter for May 26, 2020
Contacting City Hall – While some parks are beginning to open, City Hall and other indoor facilities remain closed to the public. Staff continue to work hard to ensure all City services are running smoothly. To contact City Hall, call 250-427-5311 or email email@example.com. To contact the City Operations Department call 250-427-9660 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. To contact the Planning Department call 250-427-5311 or email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Making Utility and Property Tax Payments Online - The City will be mailing out 2020 Property Tax Notices soon. To help ensure compliance with physical distancing recommendations for your safety as well as the safety of City Hall staff, we are strongly encouraging online payment through your financial institution. If you don’t have the technology available to pay online, financial institutions also provide the option of paying by phone. If you have any questions about either of these payment options, please contact your financial institution in the time leading up to receipt of your Tax Notice so you’re all set up when the comes time to remit payment.
Water Quality Advisory Issued - The City of Kimberley has issued a WATER QUALITY ADVISORY for ALL USERS. Recent testing shows that current water quality is ‘fair’ due to increased turbidity (cloudiness) in the water. Residents can monitor weekday updates of the City's Water Quality / Turbidity Index here: https://bit.ly/TurbidityIndex
Transit Update - Beginning June 1, 2020, fare collection will resume on all buses. A protective panel will be installed on all buses to allow for physical distancing between the driver and passengers. Enhanced cleaning procedures remain in effect. Please contact the transit office at 250-427-7400 or www.bctransit.com/Kimberley for more information.
Cemetery Safety and Care – The Parks Department kindly reminds anyone placing floral offerings on grave spaces that, except immediately after interment, the following conditions will apply:
- Flowers only. Natural or artificial may be placed in grave space containers, provided the container is part of the memorial. Flowers placed on grave spaces may be removed by city staff while performing maintenance duties. Flowers will be disposed of at the discretion of city staff when the condition of the flowers is considered detrimental to the beauty of the cemetery.
- Floral offerings, wreaths, or ornamental monuments may be placed at the grave space, provided they are free standing and are not staked into the ground. If they are staked into the ground, they will be removed by city staff and disposed of.
- The use of wood, glass, porcelain, pottery, or other breakable containers, either above or below the ground is prohibited.
Seniors Helping Seniors Program - The City of Kimberley is pleased to support the Summit Community Services - Seniors Helping Seniors Program as they temporarily expand their services to help those affected by the COVID-19 pandemic. Kimberley residents who are self-isolated, quarantined, have underlying health conditions, and anyone having difficulty getting out for supplies can seek support from the programs dedicated staff and volunteers. They will help with:
- Grocery and/or supply pick-up and delivery;
- Prescription pick-up and delivery; and
- Providing referrals to other support agencies.
Residents can call 250-427-8733 to seek support 7 days a week between 10:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m.