September 28 Council Meeting Outcomes
The City apologizes for technical difficulties experienced at last night’s Council meeting. Here is a brief outline of the meeting outcomes:
- Council instructed the Corporate Officer to issue notice to neighbours of 100 Tamarack Lane of the intent to vary portions of Zoning Bylaw 1850 to build a new single-family dwelling and to increase the maximum allowable footprint area of the garage.
- The Development Permit for 49 Deer Park Ave has been approved subject to a series of conditions outlined by the Planning Department. Council has authorized the Manager of Planning to release covenant KL 132984.
- Council Resolutions have been approved for both the Community Resiliency Investment Program and Investing in Canada Infrastructure Program – Community, Culture and Recreation grant applications.
- A travel grant request from Alpine Skier, Quinn Morgan, was approved.
- Councillor Goodwin introduced a Notice of Motion to direct staff to prepare a report on implementing Development Cost Charges (DCCs) as a method to partially fund infrastructure associated with future growth.
- Action and Informational Items were received from Roger Mitchell regarding the Dark Skies Initiative and Agnes Jackman regarding the United Nations International Day of Older Persons.
- Bob Gray presented on Wildfire Hazard Abatement Initiatives for the City of Kimberley.