BC Vaccine Card Requirements for City of Kimberley Venues
In light of recent orders announced by the Provincial Health Officer, the City of Kimberley will be requiring patrons aged 22+ to show their BC Vaccine Card at some Civic Centre events and sporting activities. After careful review by City staff, it has been determined that:
Proof of Vaccination IS required for:
- Indoor adult group and team sports for people 22 years old or older;
- Indoor organized group recreational classes and activities with more than 50 people;
- Spectators at indoor youth sporting events with more than 50 people.
Proof of Vaccination is NOT required for:
- Indoor youth recreational sport for people 21 years old or younger such as minor hockey and figure skating;
- Spectators at indoor youth sporting events with less then 50 people;
- Indoor organized events with less than 50 people, except adult sports;
- The Aquatic Centre. Swimming pools have been deemed as a low risk for transmission of the COVID-19 virus and therefore are exempt from requiring proof of vaccination;
- Visiting City Hall.
Masks remain mandatory for all indoor City facilities for those aged 12+.
For more information on BC’s Proof of Vaccine requirements, please visit www.gov.bc.ca/vaccinecard.